Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

And the list continues...

About 6 months ago I made a list of all the things that really surprised me about becoming a mom. I have been thinking about that list lately, and all the things that I could now add to it! My list is a mixture of things that I have learned throughout the past 15+ months.

1. NEVER buy white clothes! I am very anal about the kids' clothes, and stains drive me CRAZY! I think James' new entertainment is to tell me that he switched the laundry, while he waits for my automatic response, "Did you check ALL of the clothes for stains?!?!" He then tells me no, and waits for me to freak out a bit. He then laughs, and tells me that he did indeed check ALL of the clothes for stains. He has ruined quite a few clothes, so I think he is starting to learn about what the dryer does to stained clothes! ;)

2. Always have tylenol/ibuprofen (several bottles) on hand....you never know when you will need it! I swear we shoud've bought stock in the companies who make tylenol and ibuprofen. I never knew it was possible to go through so much, but we have gone through so much sickness this winter, and have needed lots! We get some very interesting looks at Target when buying 4+ bottles of ibuprofen at a time!

3. Toddlers are fast, and can get into "trouble" even faster! I have several friends who have kids, so I know that kids get hurt, and accidents happen, but I had not prepared myself for that reality times 4! We have had our fair share of scrapes, bumps, bruises, fat lips, etc., and a lot of the time it feels like absolute craziness in our house! No amount of "baby proofing" is enough when you have 4 mobile toddlers roaming the house!

4. I cannot get over the fact that all 4 of our kiddos share a birthday, but are so unbelievably different. They look so much different from each other, and have completely different personalities. It really is amazing!

5. People are crazy. I mean that in the nicest way possible, and I know it is a bit shocking when you see a lady pulling 4 kids who are usually dressed similar, and appear to be the same age in a wagon that resembles a train....the comments I get are hilarious, and often make me wonder if I heard correctly. The most common comments are...."Are those 2 sets of twins?," "Wow! You must have your hands full!," "I'm glad it's you and not me!," "You must have help everyday!," "I don't know how you do it!," and "Are those quadtriplets?"

My favorite comment/conversation would have to be with a lady in town who saw us walking by with the choo choo wagon. The conversation went something like this....(Lady)"What's the deal here (pointing at the kids)?" (Me)"Huh?" (Lady) "What are they?" (Me)"Ummm...huh?!" (Lady) "Are they like triplets or something?" (ME) "Nope. They are quadruplets." (Lady)"You have got to be kidding!"

6. Toys are overrated! Our kids have SO many toys, and really could care less about all of them! As long as they have kitchen utensils, tupperware, pop bottles, etc. they are as happy as can be! Who would've thought!

7. "Me" time went from shopping, going out to lunch, hanging out with friends, etc., to taking a shower! :-)

I'm sure there are tons more things that I could write about, but this will do for now! It will be fun to look back at this when the kiddos are older!

1 comment:

  1. We are always stocked up on tylenol/ibuprofen, benadryl, and vitamins. We hear the same questions when we go out. Thats funny about the "quadtriplets", we here that way too much also. Also when we say they are quads, alot of people respond "they all have the same birthday"?

    Yeah, the toys aren't as fun as the boxes they come in or packaging. Pillows and blankets are another big hit to play with and pile up.

    The McCleary Quads

    ReplyDelete