Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

All good things must come to an end!

We have been having some internet issues lately, so it's been a while since my last blog post! It certainly hasn't been because things are boring at our house right now! HA HA! For some reason, I don't think I will even know what that term means for AT LEAST another 17+ years!

We are really starting to feel the cabin fever take over! Where are you Spring?! I have been hearing lots of talk lately about nasty sickness spreading like crazy, so we have tried to keep the kiddos away from germs as much as possible. We have had a pretty good run lately with no sickness in our house, but like everything else, all good things must come to an end!

Emme started running a low grade temp last week, but we thought it was more from teething, and she seemed to feel ok. On Friday, Sophie woke up from her nap with the same low grade temp. and didn't seem to be herself. By Saturday night, I noticed that Sophie was breathing a little fast, and was drooling like crazy! She has two teeth trying to pop through, which would explain the drooling, but obviously not the fast breathing. I gave Sophie a breathing treatment before bed, but both girls decided that they did not feel well, and were up most of the night. Thankfully Nana and Papa were down for the weekend, so both girls got a lot of TLC from Mommy and Nana! I decided to take the girls to the doctor Sunday morning, and I am so glad that I did! Our poor girls both had double ear infections, and Sophie was a little congested with very swollen glands. Both are on antibiotics now, and seem to be feeling great!

Of course, I coudn't get off that easily! James came home from work Monday not feeling well. He had the chills, a temp., and a sore throat. Monday night was the boys' turn to be up most of the night, however this time I was alone! :-) The minute I would get them both asleep, one would wake up when I opened the door to lay the other down. This went on for about 2-3 hours, before I finally gave up and slept on the couch with Brady! James went to the doctor on Tuesday and found out he had strep throat, along with the stomach flu! Since the boys had been up in the night, and James had strep throat, I thought I better call the doctor to see if he could call in a prescription for the boys too. Thankfully, he didn't make us bring them in to be seen (I'm not really sure how that would have worked)! Thanks to my good friend, Tanya for running to Walgreen's to pick up the boys' prescription! Today was the first day that James came out of the bedroom, so needless to say, I am starting to know what it would be like to be a single parent with 14 month old quadruplets.....NOT FUN! I am also realizing that kids handle sickness much better than adults do! :-)

After the week I've had, I think I deserve a nice vacation to some place warm! That is, if I can manage to not get sick! A girl can dream, right?!

This is the best group shot I could get!
(L to R) Brady, Max, Sophie, Emme
Max and Brady fight over EVERYTHING these days! Brady used to give up and let Max have whatever he wanted (with lots of screaming), but now he puts up a good fight!
Our sweet girls!
(L to R) Sophie, Emme
Happy girls!

Miss Sophie is CRAWLING! We are so proud of her! She is finally strong enough to scoot herself all over the house. She took off much faster than everyone else once she finally realized she could do it. She must realize that everyone was leaving her by herself!

"Here I come, Mommy!"

"I made it!"
Sophie has 14 teeth now! Teething doesn't seem to bother her at all. We have never noticed any fussiness from her. The last two teeth that she'll get before her 2 year molars are almost ready to pop through!

Miss Emme Lee is such an easy going little girl these days! She has also become a Momma's girl! She is definitely going to be our girly girl, and loves to play dress up. Everytime we put bows in her hair, hats on her head, etc., she starts smiling and laughing. She LOVES it when we tell her what a pretty girl she is!

Pat-a-cake Pat-a-cake!

Pretty girl!

Papa and Emme taking a nap after a long night!

Emme LOVES to ride on Papa's shoulders!

Emme still has 6 teeth. I'm beginning to wonder if she will ever get more teeth. She doesn't get fussy though, which is nice considering it is taking so long for them to pop through!

"This is our new game.....see who can pinch their fingers in the closet door first!"
Big boy Max is WALKING! He is still pretty wobbly, but he can take anywhere from 15-20 steps at a time, depending on how many distractions there are around him. He still prefers crawling since he can go so much faster that way!
"Look how big I am, Mommy!"

Max could care less who is in his way! He crawls over anyone and anything that gets in his way!

Max has 12 teeth now. The molars have bothered him a little, but over all he isn't too fussy!
Sweet Brady boy!
"I'm going to get you, Mommy!"

Brady has developed quite the temper! He can be so sweet, and then the minute something doesn't go his way, he flips his switch, and this is what happens! Most of the time he is pretty sweet though! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment